Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fortune Cookie

You reappeared did you not?
I was warned was I not?
But you came again,
quietly, surely, you came again.
Stirring up the red clay dust of hope that lays on the ground of my soul.
Long settled, long undisturbed.
I with teary eyes strain to see your face, through the haze.
You smell of the earth, you smell of my dreams, you smell of my pain.
I reach for you, hoping, oh hoping, that with touch I can recall your form.
That I could remember what fingertips long have put to memory.
But it is not you, I find, no not the form that I once knew.
You are different, the same,but different,
somehow,
someway.
All the words I had prepared to send you away now fail me,
trapped in my throat.
You've come again, but you are new.
Somehow all things are new.

No comments: